It’s not always about how skilled you are as a baker when it comes to cake creations. Sometimes it’s about finding the right hack to help you out! The panda bear cake is one of those. It’s so easy to throw together and looks so incredible! Learn how to put together this DIY panda bear cake.
Disclosure: This post contains an affiliate link, and at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a small commission if you decide to purchase after clicking through the link. I’ll only ever recommend things that I love and believe will help you, and the decision to purchase is entirely yours!
The best thing about this panda bear cake is that you don’t even have to bake the cake (unless you want to, of course!). Beck (the creator of this amazing creation) used two store-bought Woolworths cakes to create this look:
- Turn two store-bought Woolworths cakes on top of one another. Place the top one upside down to create a flat top.
- Mix together some homemade chocolate icing, or grab some store-bought icing. Smother both layers of the cake in icing, filling in all the caps that are created between the two cakes. Remember, you don’t have to be neat! This will end up covered.
- Stick Corinthians the entire way around, breaking them off to different heights to create this look. Beck used the taller ones at the back and got shorter at the front, so you get a better view of the pandas playing around inside.
- The pandas are just Schleich figures, but really you can use any pandas you like to sit on top of the cake.
- The cake is then sprinkled with flake all over, even on the cake board at the front to create the messy dirt look.
- Finally, Rosemary has been used around the edge as the bamboo shoots.
And there you have it! A really effective panda bear cake that doesn’t take too much time (or skill) to pull together!
Need more tips when it comes to planning that next important occasion? Check out our DIY party planning checklist and get started today!