PETER RABBIT PARTY
A mermaid theme is the perfect way to celebrate, as there are so many fabulous under-the-water decorations that can truly transform any space. Mum Yolandi
Harry potter party
Whether you’re a Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin, this comprehensive guide will provide you with all the inspiration and resources you need to plan an
With his incredible powers, his relatable story, and his unwavering sense of responsibility, Spiderman has become a symbol of courage and resilience that resonates with
Planning a party can be both exciting and daunting. Where do you start? How long before the party should you be thinking about things? Really, it’s a fun time that should be enjoyed. Every party is different and it’s a chance to celebrate with family and friends and create some lasting memories. If you need a little help planning your next party, be sure to download our free party checklist. But first thing is first, before you even dive into party planning, you need to have some party themes in mind.
Why Do I Need A Theme?
This is a question that gets asked a lot, especially when it comes to planning an adult’s party. The trick is, a theme is what brings the entire party together. No, we aren’t suggesting you need a Peppa Pig theme for your 30th birthday (although each to their own and you are more than welcome to!)… Many people mistakenly think a think needs to be elaborate. The reality is, a theme can be as simple as a colour scheme, for example, black and gold. This gives you a starting point when it comes to putting together your party decorations. Once again, even if you are having a really simple, no fuss party, a theme is still a great idea to pull everything together.
When it comes to planning a party, a lot of time and effort goes into it: big or small. Here are just some of the things you need to think about: invitations, balloons, plates, serving utensils, cups, serviettes, bunting… the list goes on! Of course, you can pick and choose what you want for the big day, but when it comes to shopping, your buying decisions are so much easier when you have a theme to work with. It also means that you won’t end up with a variety of mismatched items on party day… unless of course you are going for that look!
Party Themes: How To Choose
Now this is the fun part. Whether you have a vague idea in mind of what you want for the birthday, or are entirely starting from scratch, searching for a theme can at times be tedious. This is where we come in! We have an entire Party Theme section on our website, dedicated to past parties our community has thrown. You can search through different parties people have put together in the past – and better yet – you can click through and purchase the exact same decorations for your own party.
We want to make party planning as easy as possible. There is not better inspiration that being able to see what people have done in the past, all in one place. You can scroll through, see what you like and don’t like and help settle on a theme that works for you. If you love any ideas or decorations you see, simple click through and purchase for yourself! It’s easy.
Let’s take a look at some of the awesome themes out there for you to choose from.
Popular Party Themes
While we usually like to stay clear of mainstream ideas, choosing something popular is the perfect way to leave your options open. By going with a popular party theme, you can add a touch of personality to the planning, and you will have so much more choice when it comes to shopping for the decorations. Here are some of our favourite popular party themes:
- Unicorn: this has to be one of the most popular party themes out there, and the best part – it never goes out of fashion. After all, who doesn’t love a unicorn! We have even created some adorable unicorn printables you can use to keep things nice and easy. Unicorn party supplies are so easy to come by, giving you so much choice.
- Peppa Pig: what is it about this adorable TV character? She is a hot favourite party theme for kids, and something you will be able to find plenty of inspiration for across out site.
- Bluey: this is a show that has risen in the ranks and is now a popular one amongst the kids – and for good reason too!
- Black and white: if you are looking for a 30th, 40th, 60th birthday party idea, this is one that has been done, but isn’t overdone. You can even add in an extra colour (pick your favourite) to mix things up a bit. It’s so easy to find party supplies, and so easy for people to dress for the occasion!
- Superhero: another goodie that will never go out of fashion. If you are after a party everyone can have some fun dressing up for, most kids have a superhero outfit at home! You can see a great superhero party here for some inspiration.
- Circus: if you’re after a splash of colour and a lot of fun, you can’t go wrong with a circus party! Choose from vintage or modern and have some fun.
Unique Party Themes
If you are looking for something a bit more out there that hasn’t been done to death (yet), we have some great unique party themes for you to enjoy:
- Less is more: it may sound a little risqué (definitely not one I would recommend for a kid’s party), but this is a theme you can have a bit of fun with. The idea is to dress down while dressing up!
- Rubix Cube: if you are after unique birthday party themes, this is a good one. You ask everyone to come to the party dressed in multiple colours. By the end of the party, they need to swap items with guests to try and end up all in the one colour. Again, probably better for an adult party!
- Glow in the Dark: heard of this one before? Me either! This is one of the best party themes for kids and adults. Turn out the lights, and set up glow sticks and glow stars all around the room, they will create enough light to see. Bit of music on and you’re good to go!
- Arabian nights: bring the exotic to life and have a great time putting together something that’s a little bit different.
- Taco party: we all love taco Tuesdays right? Well, now it’s time to taco about a party. It’s a unique take on a Mexican theme that lends itself to so many fun puns.
- Inner child: ever wanted to go back and relive your childhood? Let your inner child out and ask everyone to dress up as something fun!
- Art Attack: do you consider yourself as a bit of an artist? Either way, you can’t go wrong with an art attack party. Get out the paints, and you can all put together a masterpiece.
- Legoland: every kids’ dreams come true. Our homes are already littered with Lego, so why not put it to good use for a Lego party!
Baby Shower Themes
Of course, we couldn’t get through a list of party themes without taking a look at baby showers. There are so many cute baby shower decorations out there when it comes to planning this joyful event. Here are a few of our top favourites. You can go and check out our baby shower section for some more inspiration.
- Mustache: do you know if you’re having a boy? This mustache theme is just the cutest way to celebrate a little man.
- Nautical: it’s an oldie, but a goodie. There is something timeless about a nautical theme that makes it the perfect choice for a baby shower.
- Vintage: this one is a popular choice at the moment with bare cakes, florals and more going in to create the perfect whimsical look.
- High tea: a baby shower is all about spoiling a mum to be, so what better way to do it than enjoying a high tea together.
- Safari: this makes the perfect gender-neutral theme for a baby shower and you can have fun collecting plenty of stuffed today for decoration.
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star: this has to be one of the cutest ideas. “You are what happened when I wished upon a star”.
- Story Book: babies love stories, making this a gorgeous theme. You can go the extra mile and ask guests to bring their favourite childhood book as a gift.
And there you have it: a little bit of inspiration to get you started on your DIY party journey.
Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter today.