Spiderman Birthday Cake
It’s a theme that so many kids and parents can relate to. When it comes to superheroes, you can guarantee almost every child is going to have a favourite that they love dressing up as. Spiderman is always a great choice! If you’re looking for a (fairly) simple Spiderman birthday cake that you can pull together yourself, then check out Leah’s cake hack.
Disclosure: This post on spiderman cake contains an affiliate link, and at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a small commission if you decide to purchase after clicking through the link. I’ll only ever recommend things that I love and believe will help you, and the decision to purchase is entirely yours!
First thing is first, there’s no actual cooking involved in this cake hack – how amazing is that. Instead, grab yourself two of the mud cakes from Coles. Pick any flavour you like. You can even mix them up and have white chocolate on the bottom and caramel on top!
Leah also used:
- Chocolate Drip branded chocolate drip in red from Cake Decorating Central
- Wilton Blue Food Colouring
- The web was made using icing sugar and water
Don’t forget to grab yourself a spiderman figurine as well! If the kids don’t already have one lying around, you can get one here.
Spiderman Birthday Cake Method
Now it’s time to get started! You can peel off the icing already on the cakes, or keep it on. It can tend to bubble a little once you add the icing around it.
- Do a crumb coat. You can use your choice of icing. Go for something simple, such as icing sugar mixed with milk or water, or make your own buttercream icing. The crumb coat doesn’t need any colour. It simply helps to shape your cake and prepare it for the blue layer.
- Make some blue icing! To get the icing super blue, Leah developed the blue food dye quicker by using the microwave method. It made the icing extremely bright very quickly, which meant she could use less food colouring.
- Once the icing has set, you can create the drip around the top and side. Simply use the red Chocolate Drip and create a look you love.
- Finally, it’s time for the web. Again, wait for the drip to dry before going ahead. It’s easiest to pop your icing mixture into a piping bag for this one, and slowly pipe out your web.
Now all you have to do is pop it on a cake board and stand Spiderman up next to the cake and voila! So simple and looks incredible.
Of course, not everyone has the time to make a homemade Spiderman cake. If you would rather buy a ready-made Spiderman cake, you can get one here. You can also get a Spiderman cake topper and your child’s favorite cake instantly turns into a Spidey cake!
Spiderman Party Inspiration
On the hunt for more Spiderman or superhero party inspiration? We have you sorted!
- Check out this Spiderman birthday party.
- Find some great superhero party favour ideas in this guide to the best party bags.
- Take a look at Link’s 4th superhero party.
- See this 4th superhero birthday set up.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Planning a Superhero Party
Looking for more help organising that next birthday party? Why not download our FREE DIY Party Checklist to help you out!tak