If you’re after a cute way to dress up that party table, this watermelon shark is it! I won’t say it’s quick and easy – you do have to get your carving skills on after all, but it is plenty of fun and worth the effort. Plus, it’s nice and healthy too.
This watermelon shark makes the perfect addition to your party food table, and fits in with so many different themes! Whether you’re planning a mermaid party, a two wild party! It’s a nice and creative way to have some fun.
- Cut one end of the watermelon on an angle.
- Stand the watermelon on the cut end and grab a texta and get drawing! At one end of the watermelon, drawing the shape of a mouth. Stand the watermelon upright and start at the top and work your way down.
- Start cutting! You should be able to use a knife to wedge out the watermelon mouth.
- Now, cut just the rind off around the shark’s mouth. You want to use a shallow knife for this, so only the green part is being cut away.
- Scoop out the watermelon! You want to empty the insides, so get scooping. Use a knife to help with this. Only worry about being neat, you can cut up the watermelon later.
- Time for some teeth. Grab the shallow knife again and go around and create triangle teeth out of the white part.
- You can use a toothpick to secure two blueberries for the eyes.
- Chop up the leftover watermelon and any other fruit you like and pop it inside the shark’s mouth. You are good to go!
And there you have it! A fabulous watermelon shark ready to wow your guests at that next big event.