- 2 x Woolworth sponge cakes
- Vanilla buttercream (store bought, or make your own)
- Whipped chocolate ganache (again, store bought or make your own)
- Crumbed biscuit
- Cake board
Workman’s Cake MethodNow it’s time to get to work (note the pun!)
- Get your cake board read and lay out the sponge cakes. Spread out vanilla buttercream between the layers and stack them.
- Create a crumb coat around the cake, and pop into the fridge to set.
- Whip the chocolate ganache to make it nice and fluffy.
- Cover the cake in chocolate ganache and use a cake scraper and cake turntable to spread evenly. Leave the bare (just with the vanilla ganache). Pop in fridge to set.
- Use a fork to create the bark. Have fun swirling difference patterns.
- On top of the cake, do the same, this time create patterns in a circle.
- Crumble up the biscuits to use as sawdust around the cake.
- Now it’s time to decorate with all the tools! You can place the circular saw directly into the cake and spread the nails around. It’s up to you where everything goes – have a bit of fun with it. You might even have other tools you want to add to the mix.